Official Rules – Epic Stone Sheep Hunt Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Epic Outdoors, LLC. (“Sponsor”) will conduct the Epic Outdoors Hunt Giveaway (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”) substantially as described in these Official Rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Description of Sweepstake: Winning participant will win a 14-day Stone sheep hunt in northern British Columbia. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is approximately $40,000.
- Dates of Sweepstake: The Sweepstake will begin on 12:01 AM MDT May 10, 2018 and end on or 11:59 PM MDT June 19, 2018. Mail-in entries must be received by no later than 30 days prior to the end date, to allow time for processing.
- How to Enter: Enter two (2) ways: 1. By purchasing tickets at www.epicoutdoors.com; or 2. By sending in a (“Mail-in Entry”) with a handwritten 3X5” card, in red ink and a color copy of your hunter education card to prove you can legally hunt. Entrant must also include one harvest photo of the entrant and a big game animal from any previous big game hunt. The photo must clearly show the face of the entrant. (By sending this photo you agree to let us use it for promotional purposes.) The photo should be a high-quality color digital image saved in a JPEG format on a USB Type-C compatible thumb drive. The 3x5 card must include your Full Name, Hunter Education Number with the phone number of the issuing state for verification, Address (must be the legal residential address in that state), City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Gender, Email Address and mailing it in a first-class stamped envelope to: Epic Outdoors, LLC., ATTN: Epic Stone Sheep Hunt Giveaway, PO Box 2978, Cedar City, UT 84721. No more than one (1) entry per envelope and each envelope shall be individually postmarked. Sponsor is not responsible for any incomplete, lost, late, illegible, mutilated, or misdirected entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, fairness, security, or proper play of this sweepstake, or to cancel the sweepstake. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. WINNER’S LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Winner’s List to the address above. Mail must be received by the Winner’s List Request Deadline of no later than 12:00 PM noon 15 days after the sweepstake period. The list will be sent once all prizes have been awarded. The winner(s) will also be listed on our website. NO AUTOMATED ENTRIES: Auto entries prohibited. You must fill out your own entry form without the use of any automated sweepstake entry filling services or form filling services. The use of any automated, programmed, robotic or similar system to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entries filled out by anyone other than you will be disqualified. LIMIT ON ENTRIES: The limit on the total number of 3X5 card entries a person can be rewarded is 10 (ten).
- No Purchase Necessary: You must follow one of the two entry methods to enter.
- Other Requirements: All information must be present. No purchase necessary. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 (EIGHTEEN) YEARS OF AGE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES TO PARTICIPATE.
- Prize(s), Eligibility, and Limitations: U.S. laws shall govern this sweepstake. The sweepstake is offered and open to legal residents of the United States (U.S.) and is void where prohibited. Entrants outside of the U.S. are not eligible to receive physical prizes or alternate prizes. No prizes will be shipped outside of the U.S. The recipient is solely responsible for any legal requirements in their country of origin and is void where prohibited. In the event that a winner is ineligible, the entrant will be refunded any fees. Entrants must be at least 18 years or older, a licensed driver, and have passed a hunter safety course and have a valid hunter safety number on or before the drawing date. Minors may use a hunt if they are mentored and accompanied by an eligible adult. Sponsor is not responsible for any additional fees incurred by this action. If a mentor arrangement is not possible the hunt is forfeited and awarded to an alternate. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules, which are binding in all respects. Employees of Sponsor, Epic Outdoors, LLC, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Due to the promotional nature of the giveaway, employees of competing companies and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. It is at the sole discretion of the sponsor to determine “competitor” status and reserves the right to refund and disqualify any entries it deems are from competitors, competing individuals, or individuals that would damage the business interests of the sponsor. THE DRAWING: Winner will be selected by random drawing from eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing date will be on or about two days after the promotion period. PRIZE NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by phone within three (3) business days of the drawing date. If after three (3) attempts by phone during a twenty-four (24) hour time period (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). If the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner must confirm his/her ability to participate in the hunt on the exact dates specified, within 24 hours of being notified. This hunt is non-transferable. If the winner cannot go, the hunt defaults back to Epic Outdoors. If the winner doesn’t complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability with a publicity release by two days after the drawing, the winner’s prize will be forfeited. Winner, by accepting these rules, acknowledges and affirms that they meet the sweepstake’s rules eligibility requirements and agree to the publicity/liability set forth below or prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner for forfeited prizes may be selected at sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Publicity: Use of Personal Information. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsor EXCLUSIVE permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with the promotion of this and other sweepstake and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the sweepstake, participants agree that the Sponsor may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the sweepstake to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. The winner must provide one harvest photo of the winner and a big game animal from any previous big game hunt. The photo must clearly show the face of the entrant. The photo should be a high-quality color digital image saved in a JPEG format on a USB Type-C compatible thumb drive.
- Taxes, Expenses, and Additional Costs: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize that are not specifically provided for in the official rules including, without limitation to, fees, or any other costs, any travel or transportation costs, or tips, associated with winning.
- By participating in the Sweepstake, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or who Sponsor believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstake, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstake and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstake is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstake, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome, as Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sponsor and are final. Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous: During the entry period, the exact number of tickets sold will not be released to prevent individual odds manipulation. Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor may substitute prizes. Sponsor may amend the rules or discontinue the Sweepstake at any time. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstake. Written copies of these rules are available by mail with a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope at the address indicated above, or may be read on this website https://www.epicoutdoors.com. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A PRIZE, WINNERS MUST SIGN AN OFFICIAL WAIVER FORM. BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT, PARTICIPANT OR WINNER AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, PRESENTER, SWEEPSTAKE PARTIES, SWEEPSTAKE PROVIDERS AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OTHER SPONSOR OR PRIZE PROVIDER (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASEE(S)”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THEM FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING OR RESULTING FROM ANYTHING RELATING TO: THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, ADMINISTRATION OR EXECUTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES (OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN IT); CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION OR RESCHEDULING OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES; OF ANY WEB SITE(S) RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKE OR MATERIALS ON THE WEB SITE; ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE; OR PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO ANY SWEEPSTAKE RELATED ACTIVITY. LIMITATIONS: Neither Company or any other Releasees are responsible for: lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail, shipping or email; any website, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, Internet or other equipment, electronics, software, service, transmission, connection, processing or other errors, failures, congestion, accessibility or availability issues; unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft or destruction; or other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, game piece requests or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, promotion, administration or execution of the Sweepstake. TAMPERING/VIOLATIONS/DISRUPTION: Sponsor may, in its sole determination, disqualify any person it believes may be tampering with the entry or other operation of the Sweepstake or acting in violation of the rules, in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. CANCELLATION/MODIFICATION: Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstake if the Sweepstake is not capable of running as Sponsor planned for any reason (including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, fraud, technical or human error or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or intended conduct of this Sweepstake). EMAIL ACCOUNT HOLDER: If the holder of an email account is disputed, entry will be deemed made by the natural person who is assigned to the email address by the internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, school, etc.) that assigns email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. NO PRIZE WARRANTY: WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Governing Law and Venue. The laws of the State of Utah, excluding the rules of conflicts of law, shall govern this and all matters arising out of or related to this Sweepstake. The parties, including Sweepstake winners, hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Iron County, Utah. Each party expressly agrees that it is subject to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for purposes of such litigation. Each party hereby waives and covenants not to assert any claim that is not subject to personal jurisdiction in those courts or that venue in those courts is for any reason improper, inconvenient, prejudicial or otherwise inappropriate (including, without limitation, any claim under the judicial doctrine of forum inconvenient).